Sunday, March 14, 2010

NCLEX!

The past month Drew has been really patient with me studying all the time, never cleaning, never cooking, and having emotional breakdowns all the time. Finally last Thursday I took the NCLEX. I only got 85 questions and was scared out of my mind that I didn't pass. Drew and my family were so patient with me while I cried and yesterday I got the results back and I passed!!! It made my week.. actually my whole year. I have always wanted to be a NICU nurse and about a month ago was offered my dream job at Primary Childrens in the NICU but was going to be let go if I didn't pass this test. I'm so excited for my job but not really the working holidays, nights, and weekends. Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement! :)
Yesterday was my first 12 hour day and I came out at 7 and Drew was sitting in my car and surprised me by planning a congrats dinner with both our parents and Clarissa at my favorite place Olive Garden! It was really surprised and had lots of fun with our family. I also came home to a spotless house an the laundry done!

6 comments:

  1. Yea! We love you! I'm WAY proud of you! Wish we could've come celebrated with you too! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Emily! So glad you got to go out & celebrate! Can't wait to hear more about your job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Em! so proud of ya, what a good hubby to surprise you with some great dinner :D haha. So happy that you passed and working at your dream place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Emily! I didn't know Tinkerbell did laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT IS AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for you and your job, and SOOOO happy that Drew is such a great husband! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete