Sunday, September 5, 2010

Prayers Answered

As many of you know from facebook I lost my wedding ring last week. I was working a night shift so I got there at 7pm and it was bath night. After giving both babies baths, changing their sheets, going to the bathroom a couple times, and walking all around the storage room I looked down at my lanyard and saw an open safety pin which my rings were always on. My heart immediately sunk and I started searching everywhere. I text Drew at 11:30 when I noticed and could tell his was ticked/ worried. I search through every garbage I had touched.. dirty diapers and all. I woke the babies up and looked in their beds, looked in the bathroom, looked in all the dirty linens, looked in the storage room, and told everyone I could find to tell me if they saw it. After looking everywhere I could think of and praying like crazy my mom happened to call and I starting bawling to her. My mom said she would pray too and at that point I felt like I looked everywhere I could so I went back to take care of my patients. About ten minutes later the resource nurse came running into the room yelling she found them. I ran up and hugged her and asked her where they were. She found them in the storage room under neath all these racks.
I learned I will never take my ring to work again and that prayers really are answered. My whole life I have heard stories about people praying to find various things but couldn't remember a time it had happened to me. I knew the Lord knew where it was and could answer my prayer if it was supposed to be answered. I know the Lord cares about me and knows me and knew how much that ring meant to me. I am so grateful for the little prayers that are answered and the Lord really cares about everything that matters to each of use.

1 comment:

  1. I would die if I lost my ring, I'm SO so glad you were able to have it returned! It's amazing the power of prayer :D

    ReplyDelete