Saturday, December 29, 2012

Baby Girl Putnam

Drew and I are so excited to have a baby GIRL in June 2013!!
 
We found out we were expecting on Oct 1. Drew came home from work and I had these balloons on the table. It took him a minute but he finally got it and was super excited.
 
We decided to tell our families on Halloween when I wore this shirt for my costume. Their reactions were great.. My parents took a second to catch on but were so excited, my sister saw just the collar bone at the top of my jacket and started screaming, Drew's dad was sleeping so we never really told him but his mom said "Oh cute shirt" without realizing there was a baby and after noticing jumped up and down, and we text my brother and all of Drew's siblings and waited for their phone calls back.
 
 
We found out it was going to be a GIRL on my birthday (Dec 10th) when we did a gender check ultrasound. The pictures they gave us were so cute and made us even more excited! Drew thought it was going to be a boy and I didn't really know but we are both so excited it's a girl.. Drew already calls her princess. My neice probably gave us the best reaction since she is the only girl with 6 boys in the family. She started screaming and is so excited to babysit already. Both our moms were secretly hoping for a girl so they were thrilled.
 
I was super sick from about 7 weeks to 12 weeks and then it slowly started to get better. Now at 17 weeks I can finally keep most things down if I eat small portions. I guess the one benefit was I never forgot I was pregnant I always had the constant reminder of nausea haha but she will be worth it! I like to think I am starting to show a little bit now but who knows. I still haven't felt any movement and am really excited to!
 
Drew is a good sport looking at bedding, outfits, etc. He gets excited talking about what he can make for the nursery. He is going to be such a good dad and she is going to have him wrapped around her finger before she is even here!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Emily! That's so exciting! June babies are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys!!! I'm glad you're feeling better. The nausea is the WORST. But it sounds like you're in the comfortable stage right now! Maybe we can set up an arranged marriage--just make sure her name sounds good with the last name of Clayton :)

    ReplyDelete