Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day in Haiti

Royal Carribean has a private peninsula in Haiti called Labadee. Labadee is gorgeous and has probably the best beach we went to the whole time. We all went on wave runners, had a BBQ lunch, snorkeled, floated on beach mats and went shopping. The wave runners were a blast in the ocean! I figured out the best way to snorkel.. laying on a beach mat with Drew snorkeling and when he led me to something neat I would dip my face in to see it with my mask. The shops had mainly wood carvings but the people were so pushy it made me nervous to go into very many stores. We bought vanilla and two wood cups with our names carved in them.

Pictures don't do justice for how big a cruise ship is. So pretty! More pictures to come on the wave runners when I scan them. The ground was so hot we burnt our feet walking to the wave runners and Natalie actually got blisters.
The floating beach mats which provide the perfect way to snorkel
Matt and Nats
Jay and Erin
Drew and I
Mom and Dad
There were live bands playing everywhere. I love listening to island music.
The water in the carribbean can't be compared to anything.The whole family

Drew snorkeling
The three boys snorkeling. They saw squid, octopus, crabs, and lots of fish in a reef only 2 feet under the surface.
My dad and I

We decided to take pictures while the guys watched March Madness in one of the karaoke bars. If you "get" to watch basketball I can't think of a better place than on a cruise ship with a strawberry daiquiri.
I taught my sister and mom how to do surprise face and they were pretty entertained haha.

My family
Zoned out watching the game

This picture makes me so happy
I wore Drew out by the end of everyday. No time to sleep on vacations.
The top deck of the ship at night.
How they make a monkey out of a towel I don't know but it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment