Saturday, April 9, 2011

St. Maarten

St. Maarten was beautiful! The port was on the Dutch side and the excursion was on the French side. Dad took all the girls to a beach and lunch and the guys went scuba diving.

Padded beach chairs.. it doesn't get better than that. Since the beach was on the French side there were people that wore their birthday suits. We all wore our dark sunglasses so we could watch, tap each other, and try not to laugh when someone walked by with a birthday suit. Most the people wearing birthday suits should have been wearing a one piece with more if you know what I mean. It was pretty funny but we were glad the guys weren't there.



The beach was the prettiest beach I've ever seen!


Lunch was delicious too





I have the best dad! Not only did he take our family on the perfect vacation he also is there anytime someone needs him no matter the time. Like the night my computer got a virus he stayed up and fixed it so I could finish my homework. He and my mom are also my examples for charity. Instead of being frugal with money for tips or souvenirs they would always say they need it more than we do. I also consider both of my parents friends which I know a lot of kids can't say that but they are the ones I like to hang out with when Drew is at work. I hope I can be the kind of parents they are when I have kids.
My dad brought the guys this shirt as a souvenir of scuba diving because they we're able to take pictures. I am terrified of scuba diving.. I don't like breathing my own air in a small space, I don't like breathing through my mouth period, and I don't like fish and sharks up close.. needless to say scuba is not for me. I was excited Drew had people to scuba with but terrified at the same time. I know I'm paranoid but I had a right to be because I love my husband and my brothers and have heard horror stories. I was nervous and praying the whole day but turns out they survived and had a blast! Even though Drew got sea sick and threw up off the side of the boat he also had a blast. They were able to see a shark, an eel, a huge stingray, a huge lobster, a ship wreck, and a reef.
He is wiped out
In Haiti the whole family rented wave runners. We did it on our honeymoon in San Diego but we were in a bay and so we couldn't go far or very fast. This time Drew finally just told me to be quiet and hold on. It was crazy but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment