Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hawaii part 2

On our way to dinner and the Waikiki fireworks.

I don't understand why Drew always says he can't look at the camera while he's driving ;)
We had to go back for a second try just to make sure they were as good as the first time.

Had to get a picture of the box so we could recommend it to others and

go back someday if we make it back to Hawaii.

Fireworks



Yum! I love cheeseburger in paradise! So worth the drive into town.

The next day we decided to hike diamond head and go to Hanauma Bay.



So bloody hot!







The views from the top were beautiful. I don't know if they were worth so many blasted stairs and a small dark tunnel though. Drew put up with a lot of whining because we chose the hottest part of the day and I don't pour gallons of sweat to cool my body like he does. As you can tell from later pictures I turn into a tomatoe.

Waikiki is so beautiful. I'm a city person forsure and Drew isn't so we compromised this trip.













We found a snowcone! Nothing beats Matsumotos though.





Hanauma Bay

Snorkeling was a blast! It was amazing how many different things

could live in this little cove. A must see with every visit to Hawaii!







Drew was very patient with me needing breaks from snorkeling

when I got sea sick from the waves.

The cutest little boy!

We looked over and the lifeguards had pulled an unconscious man out of the ocean and were starting to bag him. Although their technique was giving me a heart attack we think they saved him. He had lots of water coming out of his mouth by the end when they took him to the ambulance. It's such a different atmosphere.. nobody was rushed not even the EMTs when they arrived. One lifeguard after said, "wow I've never had to do anything that was scary". Not very comforting good thing we could both swim pretty well.

Gas was outrageous! Obviously Costco was the cheapest haha.

Our condo is on the right.



Does anyone know what these are? They look soft but they are pretty hard.

I worked so hard to catch the wave like that.

The beach dwellers otherwise known as homeless.

If I were homeless I would prefer a beach front tent.




No comments:

Post a Comment