Tuesday, August 7, 2012

4th of July

For the 4th of July we spent the weekend at the cabin with my family. It's always my favorite weekend of the year and this year was no disappointment. My sister in law Natalie and her four boys came for part of the time from PA and I finally got to meet my new nephew!  
Nixon's favorite activity of "washing" the dishes in his helmet. I think he thought he would get more rides if he always kept his helmet on and it worked for Grandpa who couldn't say no haha.

Tennis in cowboy boots


Someone saw a badger at the end of the cabin hill and of course "to protect the kids" the guys decided they needed to kill it with water and shovels. They dumped water down the badger holes and waited but could never actually find the badger. We were making bets that they would all scream like girls and run when it came out but we never got to see.




Rodeo time!

Cousins




The bullriding is my favorite but it gives me anxiety. One of the cowboys got thrown off but his hand was stuck in the rope. Everytime the bull bucked the cowboy went flying and one of the clown's leg was hit by the bull.. finally a clown pulled out of knife and cut the rope.. ouch!

Cam and baby Weston






Rodeo with my cousin Katie's family.


Kids rodeo.. Mom and aunt Arla

chasing pigs



Parade!


Nixon waving to get more candy
The best pooper scooper float I've seen

Parade with my dad's brother Roland's family

It was such a fun weekend filled with rodeos, a parade, family, and yummy food! Can't wait until next year!

1 comment: