Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we went to breakfast at Drew's parents, iceskating, to my parents for lunch, and Heber with my Dad's side for dinner. Every Christmas since I can remember we have had Danish Pastry. I look forward to it every year and am slowly learning how to make it with my mom each year. My family celebrates their Christmas on Christmas Eve because Christmas Day is usually with inlaws. My dad is also from Germany and that's their big day to celebrate.
First we read the Christmas story

Poor Brayden broke his collar bone falling off a bed so he has had to learn to use his left hand for everything.


All the nephews and neice bribed to smile before they got there presents. I love these kiddos!

Opening presents
Kauner got a Nerf gun which was the main hit at the cabin later.

My mom is the hardest person to shop for because she never wants anything. I was doing my online shopping and came across this ginsu knife set and knew my mom never stops talking about her ginsu knives. I was so excited to find a present she really wanted but never knew it haha. Her excitement made my day.
Binnie with her new American Girl Doll


My dad made each of us this book about our trip to Holland Lake last summer. It was so fun looking at pictures and talking about memories.

My dad also gave us a cruise book he put together with all the cruise info and excursions to choose from. Along with the book we got our cruise tickets and a coupon for money to use on the cruise! So excited it's only 2 1/2 months away. I think cruises are the best vacations and I'm excited for Drew to experience his first cruise. Aw can't wait!!!
We also got a GPS for Christmas from my parents for vacations and because I always get lost. We have loved it already!
Me and Erin
Nats, Erin, Brynley, and me
Brynley was told she could only stay in the pictures if she smiled.. from the next couple pictures you can tell that didn't happen

All the Eysser girls and my best friends :)



We went up to Heber to my uncles Roland's house and fooseball was a big hit


They played a 2 on 2 and all of them were so competitive over fooseball that they had sweat dripping down their faces

Every year we have huge sub sandwiches for dinner and then play the candy bar game while someone reads the "right" and "left" story. Somepeople can't keep up and it's funny seeing how many candy bars they end up with by the end of the story. We also do a white elephant gift exchange with another story. This year we were supposed to bring gag gifts instead of nice ones.
Santa has come the last two years and then finally we sing Silent Night in English and German to end the night. I love Christmas Eve every year.

Brayden was not a fan of santa haha
Nixon
Brynley would actually talk to santa this year. Last year she spent the time bawling.
Nats got this Hershey towel from the white elephant and was excited cause they are moving to Hershey, Penn in June
Roland got live fish.. what a good idea!
Drew got toilet paper and I got a candy bra.. embarrassing. Everybody thought it was hilarious. It's even better because my aunt bought the candy bra at the german store haha.


Earlier during the day we had scones at the Putnam's and went ice skating at the Galivan center. We haven't been ice skating for a couple years so it was fun to try again.
Drew and his skills

Clarissa was dragged off the wall by Drew and Danielle. She did really good but her face in this picture is hilarious.




Clarissa and Danielle



We had such a fun Christmas Eve! We made the most of it and went with both families because

I had to work Christmas Day.

1 comment: